The SQL Feather and Quill website, which is about SQL Sever, has been created and maintained by me, Andy Lohn. I’m currently a MSSQL Development DBA at Medtronic. I am also Director of Technology for PASS MN (Minnesota SQL Server User Group). I’ve been working with SQL databases since 1998 – which was version 6.5.
I got my start with databases and SQL at Ontrack Data Recovery, which became Ontrack Data International, which then became Kroll-Ontrack, which then became Kroll. I’ve also worked at American Medical Systems and Medtronic.
I’ve mainly been an Operational and/or Development DBA, but I’ve had roles as:
- DBA – all encompassing
- Report Writer
- Cognos Administrator
- Special Projects Lead (honest – that was part of my official title!)
I’ve worked as a DBA island (no other DBAs in the company) to a member of a team of 8 DBAs – and everything in between.
Here are my other Sites/Social Networking links:
- Twitter – @SQLQuill – twitter account for this site and SQL news
- Linked In – my linked in profile
- www.thelohns.com – my personal family site
- www.andylohn.com – my personal site that covers my running/fund raising
- My Facebook Profile
Here is the star of the Weekly Challenges (I’m trying to add a picture taken that week for each week) – my son on his first birthday: